Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Serial Digitial Medal working!

So the problem with the breadboarded serial medal was that the data and the strobe line was backwards and I had shifted the pins connections by one on one of the displays. Nothing that required an o-scope/logic analyzer at all. If I had bother to trace the lines I would have found it. Once I fix the problem the code started working pretty well. Oh well, the device I bought looks fairly neat. At the very least the software is super simple to use.

The breadboard is still using the ATmega32 at the moment but there is not much logical difference in this case. Still, to be safe I will through the ATtiny45 in there before I put the board order in.

Also the display isn't perfect. It does seem to glitch some times on the capital letters. It doesn't look too terrible, but I'd like to figure it out. It seems to be associated with the character rather than a particular location on the display. So it could be the algorithm. Overall it still looks good even with the glitch.

No comments: