Saturday, December 09, 2006

Serial Digital Medal now on ATtiny45


So the medal is now working off of the ATtiny45 instead of the ATmega32. You can see the 8 pin DIP just to the left of the red dip switch. The display is working great with no glitches. I'm not sure what caused it before but if the problem doesn't come back I should be good. It might have been a loose connection or something. There are a lot of wires for this circuit.

In the picture the text looks pretty bad, but its really my cell phone camera. In real life the display is perfect. I still can't find my good 3MP cannon. :(

If you look to the lower left in the picture you'll see two more ATtiny45's. Those are the two MCUs I bricked before realizing that the programmer was still set to ATmega32. I wondered why the display started out slow and then actually got SLOWER when I set the fuses for a faster clock. Doh! I hope someone in the club with an STK500 can get them back for me.

No comments: