Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Digital Medal

Well the Digital Medal Project has been consuming almost all my free time for what seems like a month now. It's almost done! Today I got the prototype boards and tried placing the components. It was designed to be tight. I was astounded when the components snapped into the center hole with the precision that I had measured them for. Its a perfect fit.

All was not perfect, however. The PCB program I used to make the board shows the .02 in holes a lot larger on print out than .02 really is. Either that or the board shop used the wrong size bit. $90 worth of prototype board an I have to drill out half the damn holes and solder on both sides. That going to be a bit of a trick for the LEDs but I think I know how to do it.

Oh, well, the finals should be damn near perfect.

Now to solder up a board and see if the circuit actually works! Boy that it would be amazing to have everything fall into place right at the last minute here. The Table top competition is this Sunday!

No comments: