Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blunderifc

Well it seems I made another blunder quite some time ago and have only now just seen it. I finally got around to firing up Uno's sensor board for testing. The Transimpedance Amplifiers immediately got hot. After poking around a bit I discovered that the library component that I created for DipTrace has the pins in descending order.. on both side of the SOIC chip. Doh. I got lucky, two of the four pins are N/C on the bad side, but the output and the Vcc got swapped.



You can see where I've begun cutting the traces on one of the four amplifiers. I hate to make this board even more ugly than it is, but if I didn't fry the chips its still a good bit less time to cut traces and solder jumpers than to remake the whole board, even with my new solder paster skills.

No comments: