Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One Day I'll Be a Real hobbyist

Did some more work at long last. (Oh yeah, went to RoboGames 2006, got 2nd place in Robo-One demonstration but I'm not gonna talk about it). Anyway, I can now talk to my stupid 3-axis magnetometer over the SPI bus. The AVRLib doesn't seem to work so great. I keep dropping back to the examples in the Atmel docs, which work great. The data itself is a bit confusing, but I think that is because the axes may not be align the way I think they should be. I think the x-axis is vertical on the PCB board. Its hard to be sure by using a magnet because the field is so misshapen that it could actually be going a different direction from one sensor to the next. I'll have to figure out how to do a good job testing that.

1 comment:

Royce said...

I didn't want to talk about RoboGames simply because I just wanted to talk about the magnetometer. I meant to come back and talk about RoboGames but I forgot. Honestly, I am actually stunned anyone reads this crap. :)