Tuesday, December 14, 2004


Here is a rear photo of the MarkIII chassis that shows what I had to do to get the servos mounted. Since I didn't buy the Mark III control board I first had to make an aluminum plate to retain the top portion of the mounting posts. Then I had to go to HomeDepot to find some longer screws and washers as the ones that come with the Mark III were not long enough to account for the fact that the high-torque servos cannot be mounted with their flanges flush to the mounting posts. I also needed spiral scroll saw blades to cut the aluminum plate. The guy at Home Depot who helped me find all this stuff was an out of work software engineer whose job had moved to India. I felt really bad because I have been helping facilitate my company's use of Indian contract programmers for a few months now. But, I need a job too.
Posted by Hello

No comments: